Orchard Day Nursery is currently recruiting for a Nursery Nurse
Contract Type: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reference: Nursery Nurse
As a Nursery Nurse you will be responsible for assisting the team in providing high quality childcare. You will be able to maintain a safe and caring environment for all children. You will ensure daily routines are adhered to and plan, organise and carry out planned activities, organising themes and projects and supporting less experienced staff members or students. You will be required to settle in new children and provide ongoing support, under a key worker system, liaising with parents and maintaining good communications, as well as maintaining records and doing assessments for the children in your key group.
As a Nursery Nurse you will have:
- A recognised childcare/Early Years qualification at a Level 3 minimum (or equivalent), for example this may be BTEC, NNEB, CACHE Diploma or NVQ.
- You will be able to demonstrate good knowledge of Ofsted, the EYFS.
- A positive attitude and an ability to work as part of a team.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary dependent on qualifications and experience. Benefits include 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) and a childcare discount.
- We are a family run business with a passion for delivering outstanding care to children in our settings as well as a positive environment for our staff. We have a solid record of working with our staff to ensure continuous improvement and high quality care within our settings. We care for the children through the care of our staff.
- We offer lots of ongoing training and continued support for your own professional development.
- Because of the nature of this job it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are required to share this commitment.
- Orchard Day Nursery is an Equal Opportunities employer.