Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Orchard Day Nursery is currently recruiting for a Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Contract Type: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reference: Nursery Nurse
As a Nursery Nurse Apprentice you will be expected to work as part of the nursery team. You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced and highly qualified nursery nurses that will support you along the way. You will be given time to meet with your Tutor on site and given time and support to complete all aspects of your qualification. As you gain more experience you will be given the opportunity to plan activities and learn how to maintain records and assessments, under the guidance of your room leader, these responsibilities will increase as per the requirements of your course. You will be required to provide a safe and caring environment to all children at all times.
As a Nursery Nurse you will have:
- A GCSE in Maths and English, or can show you are currently working towards this (If doing a level 2 apprenticeship).
- Be working towards a nationally recognised Childcare qualification, for example this may be BTEC, NNEB, CACHE Diploma or NVQ.
- A positive attitude and an ability to work as part of a team.
In return we offer:
- Paid work experience with the ongoing support of the management team.
- We are a family run business with a passion for delivering outstanding care to children in our settings as well as a positive environment for our staff. We have a solid record of working with our staff to ensure continuous improvement and high quality care within our settings. We care for the children through the care of our staff.
- Because of the nature of this job it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
- We offer lots of ongoing training and continued support for your own professional development.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are required to share this commitment.
- Orchard Day Nursery is an Equal Opportunities employer.